Sunday, February 21, 2010

Meeting with Case Worker

Bryan and I met with our adoption case worker last week in Gastonia. Her name is Michelle and she lives in Huntersville. Being a case worker is just part-time for her. She works a full time job. She was very nice and answered a lot of our initial questions. She did give us homework though! We had to do some reading and complete a checklist. Tomorrow we are meeting with her individually to discuss our homework. Michelle is then coming to our house on March 4 for our home visit. This is where she will visit our home and make sure the baby will have a safe place to live. Once that is complete, she will write up a big report (15-20 pages) that includes detailed information about our lives and submit it to the agency. Bryan and I will then go to the agency for a final meeting. We will then be waiting for the phone to ring!

My mom and I went shopping this weekend and we found a crib, dresser, and chair for the nursery. We found it at Buy Buy Baby in Charlotte. Great store!!! It is beautiful and I can't wait to put it together! Bryan and I went to pick it up today. I will post pictures soon of the nursery!

Please keep us in your prayers! God has been wonderful to us so far and we are so grateful for everything he has blessed us with. We know that he will bless us with a little baby very soon!

1 comment:

  1. Keeping you in my thoughts! I cant wait to see the nursrey and someone in it soon!

    ReplyDelete