Thursday, June 20, 2013

VBS, Big Boy Bed, & Digging

This week has been pretty busy...

We have had vacation bible school all week.  Will went Monday-Wednesday but didn't make it tonight.  Honestly, he is still just a little too young to understand VBS.  All the other kids were 3 and Will is only 2 and I could really see a difference.  He is just not quite ready to travel around with a group and participate in so many different activities.  Plus, he would start crying for me when it was time for his group to move around.  I am teaching a craft all week and he just wanted to stay with me.  Maybe next year. 




Also this week, Will has made a huge transition.  He has gone from the crib to a big boy bed.  Tuesday night he started crawling out of his crib and did it all night long.  We knew it was time!  We turned his crib into a toddler bed and discussed sleeping in a big boy bed with him.  I told him that he has to stay in his bed until the sun comes out.  Last night was the first night.  Overall he did great!  He went to sleep at 8:00 and woke up at 1:30.  We heard him at his door trying to get out (we put on the knob safety things) and then he started yelling for us.  It was pretty difficult to just lay there and let him yell but we knew we couldn't start saving him because he would do that every night.  After about three minutes, he got mad, went back to his bed, covered himself up and slept till 6:30.  How about that?  Pretty cool huh!  When he got up this morning, I just kept telling him how proud I was of him.  Honestly, I have really dreaded the switch but I know it is just part of him growing up.  



Today, Nana was having some work done to her yard and the guy is a friend of ours.  I took Will to her house and he let Will ride the bobcat with him and move some dirt around.  Will thought it was super cool!


Mr. Will was wearing Nana's purple, sparkly visor to keep the sun out of his eyes!  


No comments:

Post a Comment