Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Traditional New Year's Food

I made my first ever traditional New Year's meal.  Us southerners believe that collard greens and beans bring us good luck, wealth, and prosperity.  I think there is some other tradition about pork so I just bought a little ham that I warmed up in the oven.  Unfortunately, the grocery store was completely sold out of black eyed peas so I substituted pintos instead.  Now let me just say that I did not make anything from scratch.  The greens and beans came from a can and the ham was already cooked but I did put the whole meal together and also included mac n cheese, deviled eggs, and corn muffins.  Bryan loves greens but I honestly have never given them much of a chance but they really weren't that bad.  It was good and will hopefully bring us good luck this year!




1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy! Have not had a meal like that on New Years in soooo long!

    ReplyDelete