Thursday, January 23, 2014

A Week of Sadie & Will

Everything is going great around our house!  Will is adjusting to having Sadie around and is so sweet with her.  He kisses her on the head, pats her, and checks on her throughout the day.  I will admit that it is hard sometimes to split our time between the two of them.  I find myself worrying that I am spending too much time with Sadie and then when I am with Will I feel bad that Sadie is not getting attention.  I know there is a balance and we are working on it daily. 

I am feeling better and better everyday.  I am getting my strength back and healing wonderfully!  Thank goodness the swelling is going down in my legs and feet.  Honestly, the swelling has been the worst part.  It also feels pretty good to be wearing my normal clothes again.  I am not getting "dressed" everyday but I can wear my regular lounge clothes again comfortably.  

Sadie is doing great!  She loves to eat and is eating pretty regularly every 3 to 4 hours.  She is taking anywhere from 2 to 3 ounces of formula and only spits up just a little bit in between feedings.  Her eyes are opening up more and more everyday and she will stay awake for longer periods of time.  I think she is trying to focus on us but I don't think she can really see us just yet.  She loves to be swaddled when it is time to sleep and will sometimes take a pacifier.  Her favorite place to sleep is her moses basket and at night she sleeps in our room with us.  She is perfect in every way!






1 comment: