Friday, April 20, 2012

Teacher Moment

I need to have a teacher moment because I want to share a book.  This year I have really been making an effort to read the books that my kids are reading.  Being able to recommend and discuss books with my kids is something I enjoy in my classroom.  Also I have noticed that if I am reading it, my kids are more likely to want to read it after me.  Sixth graders are hard to connect with at times and being able to talk about books and recommend them is a connection that we have.  Anyway,  I just finished Drums, Girls, & Dangerous Pie by Jordan Sonnenblick and it has been on of the best reads so far this year.  I would actually recommend it to anyone not just middle schoolers.  It is so good that I wanted to share it on my blog!  It is not a difficult read but has so much meaning to it that it actually brought tears to my eyes when I finished it.  (I know, cheesy right???)  Any age person would love this story and I can't wait to share it with my kids!


No comments:

Post a Comment