Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Pregnancy Update

I know I kind of threw out to you some really big news and then I never spoke of it again.   Not sure why but how about an update?  

First trimester:

No sickness!  Only felt nauseated when I would allow myself to get too hungry.
Speaking of hungry, I was hungry every two hours it seemed like but I really tried to snack on healthy snacks.
 No weight gain
Really tired and loved an afternoon nap.
Waking up to go to bathroom several times a night already!
Headaches several times a week.
I was on extra hormones for the whole first trimester to help keep up my progesterone levels.

11 Weeks Ultrasound!


2nd Trimester:

My energy is coming back.  No more naps needed unless it's Sunday afternoon!
Weight gain of around 5 lbs.
I did purchase a few beginner maternity pants and shorts at a consignment shop because my pants are getting just uncomfortable around the waist.  I have several friends who are going to let me borrow some maternity clothes to help me out.  
Not as many headaches.
Not as hungry as often.
I do get short of breath sometimes during simple task such as playing with Will around the house or outside.
No cravings so far! But I do have a newfound love of things Buffaloed with blue cheese dressing.  (Never use to eat this before!)
Sadly, my face is breaking out.
My feet are bothering me.  They get so tired by the end of the day.  I might have to invest in some good shoes (not cheap, flat flip flops).

That's about it for now.  My next doctor appointment is August 23 and we will find out the gender of the baby.  I can't wait!

I may post some belly pics later but not much to show yet.  



5 comments:

  1. Glad it's going so well so far! Can't wait to hear the gender and see belly pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's true that you totally threw it out there and left us hanging! I used to crave fried chicken allll the tiiiiime when I was pregnant and I never ate it before and still don't really eat it much now other than at Chick-fil-A or something like that. But I swore that my kids were gonna come out with a chicken wing in each hand!

    ReplyDelete