Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A New Look and a Fresh Start!

I AM BACK!!! I started this blog so that people could follow along with us through our adoption but I got a little lazy. Sorry! I want to catch everyone up and hopefully continue my blog with regular updates. A lot of things have happened since my last post so I am just going to make a list.

Adoption:
Completed home study
Met with agency for finalization of paperwork
On the website as official waiting family!!! (check us out at christianadopt.org)
Waiting on the phone to ring....

Our life:
Completed my 8th year of teaching.
Traveled back and forth to the beach all summer with family and friends. I love Oak Island!
Completed some work outside of our old/new house (concrete, painting trim, flowerbeds, etc..)
Going back to work.

Check out my new look! I have been keeping up with some different bloggers through the adoption agency website and I just loved their backgrounds. I got a little creative and changed mine. I think it is super cute!

I plan on blogging more now because I feel like it will help me through this waiting time. So far waiting has not been that bad but I am very anxious. I really wonder everyday what God has in store for us. We know that he has our baby out there somewhere we just can't wait to see what he blesses us with. Everynight I pray for God to guide us through this process and to keep our birthmother safe and healthy. I always think that someone out there is carrying our child and I hope she is taking care of herself and the baby.

Also, I am super excited about my friend Angela who is preparing to have her first baby next Thursday. It is going to be a baby boy and his name will be Braeden Luke. We spoke last night and she is nervous and excited! She has been trying to have a baby for six years now and she is finally getting her little miracle. I am so excited for Scott and Angela and they are going to be wonderful parents!

Before I go, I have to share with everyone my latest purchases. I couldn't resist these super cute onsies and bibs. I found them at the beach this past week and figured they would be good for a boy or a girl. I finally feel like it is ok for me to buy baby things. Baby Pruitt could be here anyday!!!


1 comment:

  1. I pray that your adoption journey is all in God's timing especially as you wait. I know how hard that is too, my husband & I are adopting domestically and currently on Bethany Christian Services waiting list. I cannot wait to follow your journey!!

    ReplyDelete