Tuesday, August 31, 2010

While We're Waiting....

The waiting has been a little difficult for me lately. I think about it constantly, every minute of every day. I know that I have to let it go because it is out of my hands now but that is hard to do. All I want is a baby! A baby to love and cherish for the rest of my life. Sometimes I wonder why we are having to wait but I know I shouldn't question the things that have happened in our lives so far. Everything has happened for a reason and we are much stronger because of them. All I know is that when Bryan and I finally get our hands on Baby Pruitt, it is going to be one special day!

Focusing my energy on other things is important right now, so I started thinking about the things that Bryan and I have been doing or could do while we are waiting. These things really serve a purpose in our lives right now. They fill our time and help us move forward.


These things are:
*Going to the YMCA. Bryan and I have been exercising regularly for the past few months and we both feel much better about ourselves. We have both even lost a few pounds.
*Blogging. Which I have become slightly obsessed with. I love to read daily blog entries that I have discovered through the adoption website. Learning about other peoples lives is pretty interesting.
*Camping. Bryan and I have scheduled some camping trips for this fall. We love to spend the weekend in the camper with the dog just relaxing.
*Reading. Not just adoption books but other things that I enjoy reading (magazines, girlie novels, etc..)
*Enjoy quiet time because hopefully we won't have that for much longer.

Starting today I am going to TRY to really focus on these activities and enjoy them for me! I am also telling myself everyday when I wake up that I am one day closer to receiving a wonderful gift from God. HE IS IN CONTROL!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey there, just found your blog on the CAS blog site. I am another CAS waiting mama. :) I recognize you from the "waiting pages" and have had the pleasure of praying for you and the other couples. I hope your wait is not a long one!

    ReplyDelete