Sunday, November 14, 2010

Adoption Family Fun Day!

Yesterday was Christian Adoption Services Family Fun Day! The event was held at a beautiful park where they served us lunch and then introduced all the families and their new editions for this year. Bryan and I attended plus my mom and dad, they encourage us as a waiting family to participate in agency events. It was great hearing everyone's adoption story. The more I am involved with the agency, the more people I meet and get to know. I love how Bryan and I are becoming part of the adoption community through our agency. It is like an extended family because of a common bond. The babies were precious and I can't wait to share my adoption story one day!


The park was near my grandmother's house, so on the way home we stopped by to see her. This is Grandma Peggy, my mom's mom.



Now I am enjoying my Sunday afternoon. We had a great church service this morning and then we shopped for groceries. My in-laws are coming over for dinner tonight. Bryan is grilling us a steak. Yum! I hope everyone has had a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Stacy... I've been following your blog for a while. I praying that you and Bryan are able to adopt a child soon. You both are going to be such great parents. I love how you are so involved and happy for everyone that have received the blessing of a child ahead of you. I just know that soon I will see a post from you saying you got "the call". Until then, I look forward to your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was good to see you! It is a great thing to bond with other families who have or are adopting. We must encourage and pray for one another, it can be a difficult journey, but let me tell you, there's nothing like it!! Blessings to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi :-) I remember our first CAS picnic/ family fun day like it was yesterday! Little did I know we would BE one of those families who introduced their new little one at the next picnic. I hope thes same is true for you, too! CAS is wonderful and we have made life-long friends through events like this one! Praying right along-side you, Lindsay

    ReplyDelete