Monday, November 29, 2010

5 Months 2 Weeks....

Waiting is hard and there isn't a day or hour that goes by when I don't imagine our baby or think about the "the call."  Filling my days and trying to stay upbeat can be exhausting at times.  For the most part, I continue on with my day to day activities and try to enjoy life right now.  Some days I am really down and some days I am grateful for this time that Bryan and I have alone to enjoy each other.

Having said all of that....I can't believe it's already been 5 months and 2 weeks of waiting for Bryan and I.  Honestly, it has flown by!  Everyday I tell myself that I am one day closer to our baby and that surely it will happen sooner than later.  Our lives have been wonderful during this waiting time.  We have been remodeling a house, traveling, and doing lots of fun things together but I can't wait for the two of us to become three.  There are moments of jealously of all of my friends who have babies but for the most part I try to stay positive.  I really feel blessed that Bryan and I have been chosen to go through this experience.  My faith is getting stronger and stronger everyday and I have this adoption process to thank for that.

Funny thing happened tonight.  The waiting game has been on my mind all day today.  I have been thinking things like why hasn't a birth mother chosen us yet?  Is there something wrong with us?  Should we change some things on our profile? I even sent an email to our case worker just to check in and see if there was anything we should be doing.  Just a few moments ago I checked our agency blog and there was a post titled why are we waiting?  I honestly believe that post was for me because it gave me the encouragement that God truly is in control, not the agency.  I already knew that but sometimes it helps to be reminded! Bryan and I don't need to change a thing because when our time is right, the perfect child will enter our family.  Until then, we will just continue to wait in faith.

Have a great week!

4 comments:

  1. HI! I just came across reading your blog. I'm sorry about all the waiting. We waited 1 and 1/2 years for 'the call' to adopt our son. When he came home, all the wait was worth it and we can't wait to go through the adoption journey again in a year or two. All is well, and The Lord has the perfect child just for you and your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes our hearts interfere with what our minds already know. So glad you are rolling through with your life and enjoying these months as you wait (not that you are enjoying the wait!). Praying for your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You & Bryan deserve all the happiness in the world and ya'll are both two wonderful people and are going to be wonderful parents. Stay strong and I promise God will reward you with a beautiful child very soon. Love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know exactly how you feel! We've been waiting a little over 9 months and while I'm so glad we do live busy lives, sometimes those hard times hit. I'll be praying for you guys as we continue to wait!

    ReplyDelete