Monday, May 14, 2012

My First Mother's Day

My first Mother's Day was fantastic!  My day started with Bryan letting me sleep in.  He got up with Will and took care of him and I slept to 7:45 am.  We then opened some presents.  Will of course liked the paper.  I got a precious card with a gift certificate for a manicure and a pedicure.  



Not sure what I was doing in this picture but Will looks cute in it!




Let me tell you what my sweet husband did.  He had this wonderful idea to let Will create a painting for me with his hands.  He bought the paint, paper, and frame and created this beautiful masterpiece just for me.  It was the absolutely perfect first Mother's Day gift!



After presents, we got ready for church.  Our preacher called me and asked me if I would tell the congregation about my Godly mother.  Of course I was very nervous but wanted to do it for my mom.   I prepared a little something to read and I did it!  I have never spoke in church before in front of the congregation and let me just tell you it is hard to do.  Thank goodness I didn't have to go first, there were five of us that shared about our Godly mothers and I was third in line.  It was a wonderful beginning to an amazing service about how being a mother is a serious job and should be led by God and the bible.  My mom was really happy and said it was the best present she has ever received.  

That afternoon we all three took a nap and then went to dinner with all the parents and Aunt Francis to celebrate Mother's Day as a family.  

Me & my boy!





I had a perfect first Mother's Day!

1 comment: