Monday, September 17, 2012

The Icing on the Cake

I have had a wonderful birthday today!  It has been full of cards, presents, flowers, and messages.  But tonight my mom and dad brought over dinner and a special treat....

My Mawmaw's Chocolate Pound cake with Homemade Chocolate Icing!!

My sweet mom and dad went and got Mawmaw's recipe from her house and my dad baked me a cake. They had to go buy a cake pan and everything.  My parents don't usually bake, so this was a big deal.  I laughed at my dad tonight because he said his hand held mixer was smoking!!!  He might have to invest in a stand mixer.  The cake tasted just like Mawmaw's and the icing was perfect!  Now he has to make it for me every year!  I miss my Mawmaw so much and I loved having this cake as a memory of her today.

I think I can honestly say that the cake was one of the best gifts my parents have ever given me!

Thanks Mom & Dad!  You guys are the best!


Doesn't that look absolutely delicious?  

3 comments:

  1. It does look delicious! And I honestly teared up when I read what your dad made for you. Precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Stacey! The cake looks delish! Are you giving the secret out? If so I want.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Stacy! What a great birthday present! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete