Sunday, September 19, 2010

New Devotional Book

Saturday I went to the Lifeway store and bought a daily devotional book. I have been thinking for some time now that I need to stop daily and reflect on God and his word. I guess you could call it a goal that I have for myself. So I bought a cute devotional book called Be Still...and Let Your Nail Polish Dry. It is a devo for women on the go. Now I have no excuse for not spending five minutes a day reflecting on God and his word.

So last night, I read the first devotion called The Awesomest! The first devotion was about a women who was driving in snow so thick that she couldn't see the road in front of her. She began to worry and started to pray that she made it home safely. To help ease herself, she turned her radio on to the local Christian music station. Playing on the radio was a song by Rich Mullins where he was singing about Our God is an awesome God! She then began to think about what a superhero God really is and he kept her safe that night. He kept her safe through a difficult situation and she praises his awesomeness!

The prayer was : Thank you Father for seeing us through the storms of life, both great and small. Thank you for being the Hero of all heroes, mighty and powerful. Great is your faithfulness, Lord. You truly are an awesome God!

Bryan and I have been through some storms in our lives and we have survived. Sometimes I forget to thank God for seeing us through those tough times. He has a plan for us, we just have to be patient and follow his lead. I feel like some of our storms has led us to the point we are today which is adoption. I am so excited about adopting that I can't call it a storm but it is challenging at times. After reading this devotion, I can honestly say that God will protect us and take care of us in his time and his way. The storms have shaped us into the people we are and the kind of people we want to be. God is an awesome God!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment