Monday, October 18, 2010

Today I am having a rough day. I don't have very many because I normally try to stay very positive and optimistic. Waiting is hard and sometimes it just gets to me. I feel sorry for myself and wonder why am I having to wait so long. Everyone else gets to have a baby easily and some couples only wait a few months before receiving the call. I know I've only been waiting for four months with the agency but it has actually been closer to six years of wanting to start a family.

I know there is no need to get all worked up about our future because I have no control over it but sometimes its difficult. I can't help the fact that I want a baby now not a year from now. The only thing I can do is continue to pray and pray really hard. I have to remember that God will not lay more on my plate than I can handle but sometimes I wonder if I can actually handle this. I know that tomorrow will be better and I will continue to stay busy and before I know it I will have a child of my own. Until then I am just laying around the house feeling sorry for myself. Thank goodness I have a wonderful husband who understands and allows me to have these days.

I am going to be very selfish and ask that you keep me in your prayers!


But if we hope for what is still unseen by us, we wait for it with patience and composure. Romans 8:25

4 comments:

  1. I have felt the SAME way this week! :( The waiting is so hard. Like you, I try to stay positive and encouraged but some days it's just hard! I don't understand and my heart aches for a baby. Just keep holding on to Him! He will bring your baby to you in His PERFECT timing!

    Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you as you go through this journey...I am right along with you waiting is hard. The perfect baby will be welcomed into your family soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly how you feel! We've been "officially" waiting for 8 months now and we've been trying to have a family for close to 4 years now. The waiting is hard but it will happen and just remember each day that we wait brings us one day closer to our babies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet Stacy, it is *never* selfish to ask for prayer! I will be praying for you and am hoping I get to meet you this weekend at our training.

    ReplyDelete