Monday, October 25, 2010

Updates & Free Stuff

The weekend flew by as usual but I wanted to share a few things.

Saturday, Bryan and I attended our adoption agency's fall conference and it was great! The speaker gave us some wonderful information to think about and prepare for. My favorite part was meeting the other waiting couples and getting to talk about how excited we all are waiting on our miracles. Some parents were there that already had placement and I love hearing their stories. Everyones adoption story is different but they are all exciting and a blessing. Attending the conference reaffirmed to me that I am so excited about adopting and I know that this is what Bryan and I were meant to do in our lives!

I just have to share that on the way home we stopped and did a little shopping. My favorite purchase was the Yankee Candle Spiced Pumpkin. My whole house smells like Fall and I love it!



Another purchase I made was a picture book that the agency recommended for us. It is called Tell Me Again About the Night I was Born by Jamie Lee Curtis. I bought it at Books-a-Million and it is the sweetest story about a child being adopted and the parents journey to get the baby. Bryan and I have always said that adoption would be an open topic in our family and this picture book is a wonderful way to share with our child their story one day!


I love my friends with babies because I just keep getting free stuff!!!

My friend Ashley passed along this brand new swing because Aiden didn't like it.


Angela passed her along her tiny bottles that Braeden is not using anymore.


Just wanted to say thanks because every little bit helps!!!

Ashley shared with me this photo from Aiden's dedication service a couple of Sunday's ago. I loved his little while outfit! I thought it was a great photo of all three of us.


Finally, I want to thank everyone for all the prayers that have been said for Bryan and I. Just today I was told that a very special prayer was given for us by some friends in their Sunday School class in a different town. Just knowing this has really lifted me up all day today. Know that I am constantly praying myself and I am praying for all of you as well. Thanks!



2 comments:

  1. Those little bottles are too sweet! Hand-me-downs are such a blessing. Glad you had a fun shopping trip on the way home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for good friends and freebies :) I wish our agency did little get togethers like that. I'm glad you enjoyed your time!

    ReplyDelete