Sunday, June 19, 2011

Bryan's First Father's Day

I want to start off by saying that Bryan is a wonderful father!  I always knew that he was going to make an amazing dad but I really love how hands-on of a dad he really is.  When he gets home from work, he scoops Will up and takes over.  He feeds, changes diapers, and gives baths.  Most nights he will tell me to go take a relaxing bath and he will take care of Will.  How lucky am I?  Some of our favorite talks are about how he can't wait to take Will to ballgames, fishing, and races.  He wants to teach him things and be involved in his life in every way.  Right now, he tries to make Will laugh at him and can't wait for the day that he laughs out loud!  I know I have already said it but Bryan is an amazing day and we are both so lucky!

Back to Father's Day...

Bryan's day started with a little cuddling this morning with his two favorite babies.  They slept in this morning and didn't get up until 8:30. 


When we finally got out of the bed this morning, it was time to open presents.  Will was excited about watching his dad open his gifts that he personally chose.


Will picked out this really nice Big Green Egg grilling set of tools and ...


a new pair of Sperrys!  One of Bryan's favorite things!


Today was also a big day because we took Will to church for the first time.  We thought what a better Sunday to introduce Will to the church family than on Father's Day.  Everyone got ready and we loaded Will up.  


Will did great during the service.  He slept some and woke up towards the end but never got upset.  Everyone was so excited to meet him and the preacher even introduced him to the whole congregation and wished Bryan a special first Father's Day!


After church, we had a little lazy time.




This afternoon, our parents came over for afternoon dessert.  I made this angel food cake with berries and whip cream.  I know it doesn't look the best but it tasted really good and fresh!  We exchanged gifts with all the dads and also celebrated Bryan's mom's birthday. 


Happy Birthday Nana!



I forced all the dads on the couch for a picture.  Don't they look comfortable?


My dad and I with Will and their dog Gracie.  

Let me say just a few words about my dad.  My dad is wonderful!  I admire his genuine heart, work ethic, and his ability to do just about anything.  One of my favorite things about my dad is that he is handy.  He can fix anything and build anything.  If he doesn't know how to do it, he just figures it out.  I always said that I had to marry a man like my dad because he had to know how to do "stuff!"   My dad is kind and sometimes quiet and I know that he would do anything for me at any time.  He has always been there for me and now Bryan and Will.  We love you Dad!


Tonight, Bryan grilled us a steak for dinner.  Now I know I should have cooked him dinner but grilling is something that he enjoys so I didn't really feel bad about it!



We have had an amazing day together!  Our family is so special and so blessed!  

Daddy we love you and Happy First Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment