Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Motherhood...so far!

Being a mother is wonderful!  I know that I have been looking forward to it for a long time but I really can't put into words how much I love it.  Loving and taking care of Will is truly a dream come true.  I know that I am new at this but I feel like everything is going really well.  Things are just perfect around our house right now.  

  I am going to try to remember and write about at least 5 things that I love being a mom at least once a month.  I know that things will change and Will and I will have different experiences together.  Posting about them will be something that I can share with him when he gets older.  


1.  Feeding Will is one of my favorite things to do.  He stares up at me with those beautiful eyes and is so happy.  I know he's happy because he's eating but I like to think its because he is spending time with me.

2.  I love to hold Will and rock him to sleep.  When it is time for Will to sleep, I can swaddle him up and start rocking.  He likes for his little butt to be patted and his eyes start to become real heavy.  Eventually, he will fall asleep and his whole body becomes limp.  

3.  Mid-morning everyday, Will is fully awake and we talk and play together.  This is when Will makes some really funny faces using his lips, eyes, and tongue.  He will look around and make sweet noises.

4.  The responsibility that comes with being a mom is something that I am also enjoying.  This covers everything from meeting his needs to washing his clothes.  It feels wonderful to have someone to take care of.

5.  Being home with Will everyday is such a blessing!  I know I have to go back to work but for right now, I love being a stay at home mom (at least through the summer).  I am cherishing this time right now!

My heart is so full these days!  I truly feel blessed to have a wonderful new son and a wonderful husband who is such a great father.  

2 comments:

  1. I love this! I am also so, so happy for you! At least with teaching, it's the perfect schedule to spend time with these sweet boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been following your blog for a while and just had to comment on this post. I'm so happy for you guys. Will is just adorable!!

    ReplyDelete