Saturday, April 9, 2011

Spring Adoption Conference

Bryan and I attended our Adoption Agency's Spring Conference today.  Our agency is so good about keeping us informed and making sure we are prepared for placement.  Today they had a birthmother talk to us and some other couples that adopted babies through the agency.  Each adoption story is different and unique and I feel like I could listen to their stories all day long.  Usually there is not a dry eye in the crowd! 

 This was our third conference and we left there today feeling very ready for placement.  Bryan and I talked about how we are ready to be the ones to come back and share our adoption story.

It is always great to see all of the adoption agency families.  Some are waiting and some already have their children but we all have so much in common with each other.  It's very easy to talk to these people because we have all walked in each other's shoes. All of our journeys are different but we all have the same goal:  to become parents.

I just want to thank Gretchen and Doris who always work so hard to plan these meetings for us.  You guys are great at making sure we are prepared and ready for our little miracles!


  

1 comment:

  1. I cannot wait to hug your sweet neck at the picnic next month. :) And I cannot wait to hear your whole adoption story one day. I can tell you are the kind of woman who will want to be very encouraging to others, and I think that really strengthens your testimony. I, too, could listen to those stories all day long. Precious!

    ReplyDelete