Friday, August 19, 2011

The result of a busy week

This week has been a big adjustment for our family.  I have gone back to work which now includes a new morning schedule.  So far, Will has been waking up around 3:30 (I don't know why) and taking a bottle.  He immediately goes back to sleep.  My alarm now goes off around 6:oo (it will be even earlier when kids start coming) and Will is not waking up at all.  Bryan and I have to pick him up and put him into his car seat so I can take him to Nana's house.  Things have been going really well during the day and of course Nana says that he is an angel!  They play, swing, and do lots of fun things together during the day.

When I get home in the afternoons, we play and I try to get some chores done.  By the time supper is done, it is time for Will to take a bath and start to settle down for the night.  He is still going to sleep anywhere from 
9-10.  

After just two days of our new schedule, Will is exhausted!  He fell asleep tonight while taking a bottle and his little head just flopped over to the side. 



P.S.  Please do not think I am complaining about working because I have an amazing schedule being a teacher.  I am extremely fortunate to be able to come home in the afternoons and still have some quality hours that I can spend with Will.  I know that there are a lot of people who have it a lot worse off than me.  We are just adjusting and figuring out our new routine. 

1 comment:

  1. Between 3 and 4 months Peanut started waking once during the night. It was not a growth spurt because it lasted too long. She, too, would eat and then go back to sleep. Wish I knew what that little girl was thinking sometimes. :)

    ReplyDelete