Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Just a few random things:

CONGRATULATIONS to Brantley & Richard who welcomed home a beautiful baby girl! 
 I do not know them personally but I have been following their blog for a while.  I was overwhelmed with joy today when I checked their blog and saw beautiful pictures of their brand new baby girl.  I can only imagine the overwhelming joy and happiness they are feeling right now.  According to their blog, they waited about 8 months for their little miracle to come home!  God is good!

Today was my first attempt at "couponing!"  I hate to call it a resolution because I am afraid I won't keep it up but I am going to try.  I did a little research and found out that today was double coupon day at Harris Teeter.  After a little shopping, I got several bags of goodies and ended up with a savings of $15.04!  My total bill was lowered to only $24.00 which is pretty cheap these days.  I am satisfied with my first attempt and motivated to keep it up!  My next step is that I want to check out some coupon websites.  Any suggestions?

Lastly, I noticed today that I am up to 40 followers on my blog which amazes me!  I never thought so many people would actually be interested in our journey.  Because of my blog, I have made connections with many new people that are experiencing some of the same things that Bryan and I are going through in our lives. Just today I received a message from someone who is experiencing fertility issues and she came across my blog.  Her mom lives in my town and she comes to visit her often. So she mentioned maybe us meeting up for coffee so we could talk.  I think that's a wonderful idea and being able to share my story with others feels great!
Maybe that's part of God's plan for me.

Trusting in God has gotten me this far and I know there are wonderful things to come!

I hope everyone has a great rest of the week!



4 comments:

  1. Great job with the savings! I started couponing last year and am amazed with how much I have been able to save.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that just by being willing to share your story, so many others can be helped and encouraged.

    Definitely check out www.southernsavers.com
    Have so much FUN with couponing this year! It's such a thrill. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get a lot of my coupons from www.couponsuzy.com I think they have some really good ones & they are easy to print off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl, I have just learned to coupon in the past few months. I use southernsavers.com, hip2save.com, and totallytarget.com
    Love your blog! Praying for you and your husband's adoption journey! I know it has been years since we have talked but I would love to share my story with you sometime! God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete