Monday, January 3, 2011

My Thoughts on this Monday

Today was my first day back to work after being off for two weeks!  Overall, it was a good day.  The kids were excited to see each other and show off their new stuff.  I noticed a lot of new shoes this year! 

My mood was a little off today.  I am not sure why but I felt like I was in a daze all day today.  I have to confess that when Bryan and I started the adoption process, I just knew that we would have a baby by now.  When we began this process in November 2009 I was thinking that by the following Christmas 2010 we would be parents.  I guess to be honest, I feel a little let down.  I almost feel bad admitting this because I know that I should have never set a timeline.  In the adoption world, that is the worst thing you can do but oh well I mentally did it.  

Now what?

I will continue waiting faithfully and praying that in God's time, we will become parents. 
I will stay positive!
I will enjoy our time with just the two of us.
I will continue to exercise and take care of myself.
I will try to stay busy because sometimes downtime can be the hardest times.

Be strong, and let your heart take courage,
all you who wait for the lord!
Psalm 31:24

3 comments:

  1. Oh sweet friend...I am afraid I set the same expectation for our family. It was hard realizing last month that it probably was not going to happen for us the way I dreamed it up in my mind. I think everything you are resolving to do is just right. I pray you (and I) can rest in Christ with a trust that He will fulfill the desires that He has placed in your heart.
    Isaiah 30:18 - "Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are those who wait for him."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I so know how you feel! Just curious, did they give you guys a "general time frame" at your agency? We were told we could wait from 2-3 years. We started the process in June of 2009 and became "officially" waiting in February 2010. That year mark is coming up soon. It is hard and I find myself thinking, will this be the last Christmas with just the two of us, and I do this with almost every event we have. I also think this is a tough time of year, no holidays to look forward to etc. But I think you're right, keeping busy helps! I love the ideas you have going. I'm here for you and I'm going to continue to pray that we all get great news this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Stacy........this is the first time I've seen your blog. I really like it.....i love the winter wallpaper you have chosen. I'm glad I went here......it has put Brian and you on my mind and that is good.....as it will remind me to think of you and pray for you. I can understand you feeling a little down, but I just know that many many prayers have been prayed for ya'll and therefore you'll get the one perfectly picked for you and your day will be here and it will be the greatest. I can only guess at the longing in your heart and I pray that it won't be much longer.......so excited for ya'll......

    ReplyDelete