Monday, January 17, 2011

A New Light & Seven Months

This weekend we finally replaced an old light in my dining room.  It was original to the house.

Before

After



I really like how it looks!  The light came from Lowes and the lampshades came from Hobby Lobby.  I finally feel like my dining room is complete (except for some curtains...it's always something!) 

Seven Months Waiting

Well, it has been seven months now waiting for our baby.  I was really hoping I wouldn't have to do another one of these post but the time has come. Here are some of my thoughts:

I am so happy that I started blogging because I get to see other miracles happening everyday.  Even though we do not have placement yet, it brings me joy when other families are receiving their babies through adoption.  Just to see adoption in action allows me to stay positive and know that my time is coming.

Everyday I wake up and think I hope today is the day.  I really don't know how to stop doing that and I guess I won't until the time comes. 

I continue to rely on God and know that he has that special baby chosen for us we just have to be patient.

I now think about the fact that hopefully somebody in this world is carrying our child.  I really like to think this because otherwise I know I have at least 9 more months of waiting.  I pray that she is not only taking care of the baby but taking care of herself.  Praying for birth mothers has now become part of my daily prayers.  

Everyday I wonder if its going to be a boy or a girl!

Some days are good and some days I wonder why are we still waiting?  Bryan and I both have good jobs, we own our own home, we have a strong, wonderful marriage, we have very supportive family and friends.  Why not us?  

I will end on a good note...adoption has made me a better person.  My faith has grown so much during this process.  Talking to God is now part of my daily life.  I think I will be a better parent because of this.  My heart has grown so much and I feel special because I am getting to experience something that most people never will.  My eyes have been opened and my heart is huge!

But as for me, I trust in You, O Lord; I say, "You are my God."  My times are in your hand.
Psalms 31: 14-15

I hope everyone has a great week!
I am going back to work tomorrow after being at home for a week because of the snow. 
 I dread the alarm clock!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE the new light!! Also please don't lose hope...we have been on the "baby" adventure for a total of 2 years and when I look back we have learned a lot and grown in our relationship and in our relationship with God..it's AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the adorable lamp shades!

    Continuing to pray for you during this odd "difficultly exciting" season. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new lamp! What a difference it makes. I'm also praying for you! I know how hard it is to wait and wonder. Plus it's one of those things that you have zero control over. But you're right, your time is coming! Our God is good and He listens to us!

    ReplyDelete