Sunday, January 16, 2011

One more post today...

Bryan and I always cook Sunday dinner.  It's kind of "our thing."  Usually Bryan grills because if you don't know by now, Bryan is a wonderful griller!  I thought I would share with you tonights dinner.

I made home-made potato chips tonight for the first time.

You have to slice the potatoes about an hour before you bake them so they will dry out.  I just laid them out on some paper towels.


Then you just put them on a cookie sheet and bake for about 15 minutes at 500 degrees.  I brushed mine with some melted butter and added salt & pepper.


They turned out to be really good!  I served them with homemade ranch dressing for dipping.

Bryan grilled cheeseburgers which are always super!
The final plate!


One more random thing...

I went to Food Lion today grocery shopping and they gave me free flowers!  They were past date and were going to be thrown away.  Look at how pretty they are! I couldn't find a vase so I just stuck them in a mason jar. It kind of made my day!





2 comments:

  1. I love surprises, especially free ones! Your supper looks delish. I love homemade chips with Ranch dressing! Maybe I will try my hand at them one day soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat surprise! That dinner looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete