Tuesday, March 15, 2011

9 Months...Still Waiting


I think this sums it up!  I really didn't want to have to write this post but unfortunately I do.  The 9 month mark is here and there is nothing I can do about it.  Bryan keeps telling me that I can't put a time frame on the process and I try not to but I just never would have thought that we would still be waiting.  If I was pregnant, I would be due today!  Most moments of my day are good because I try to stay really busy.  Fortunately, my job (teaching middle schoolers) keeps my mind occupied at all times.  Everyday there are a few moments where I wonder why are we having to wait, why haven't we been chosen, when is this going to happen?  Some days I feel like its never going to happen.  I think these thoughts are normal and they escape my mind very quickly but they are there.  I don't walk around depressed or crying everyday.  I think I am pretty good at being upbeat and positive but somedays that is just down right hard to do. 

I can tell you that I am very excited about spring and summer!  We go to the beach a lot and stay pretty busy.      This will help us get through the next stretch of waiting.   Having such supportive family and friends also helps. Bryan and I are so fortunate to have such a great support system around us.  I receive messages and emails that let me know people are constantly praying for us.  Thanks for your prayers, it really helps!

Well, maybe this will be my last "waiting post."  I would love to have some good news to share soon.
 We shall see!

Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD.
Psalm 27:14



7 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you have things to keep you busy; that's what helped me get through. I know God is molding the perfect baby for you guys and when you hold him/her in your arms you'll know it! I'm praying hard that you get that call soon! I'm so ready for summer too! I hope we can get together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep hanging in there...I know the wait is hard but believe me it's totally worth it. God has the perfect baby already chosen for your family, just trust his timing is PERFECT which it always is :) Praying & Blessings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely understand the struggle in the wait! Being content with God's plan and timing is never easy. Please know that this hopeful adoptive momma-to-be can relate and you have been prayed for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying your match happens SOON!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too can relate. :( The waiting at times can be unbearable. I have really been struggling with being patient and content while waiting on God's perfect timing. It's hard, but I know it will be worth it in the end! Praying for you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My heart hurts for your heart. Praying.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stacy the wonderful thing is that you never know what God is up to (shoot we never do either most of the time!) and when it happens it completely takes you by suprise as to how He works all of the details out. I know that waiting is hard (it is never fun to wait on anything in life) but focus on the fact that out there somewhere is the baby that God has planned for your family. And He will use the circumstances in your life that have brought you to adoption to be able to further testify about His goodness. Thinking about you today--

    ReplyDelete