Monday, February 21, 2011

Waiting...

Everyday when I get to work, I lay my cell phone on my desk and put it on silence.  Everyday I think today could be the day when the agency calls.  Today could be the day that Bryan calls and said the agency called him.  Today could be the day that our case worker calls us and they have us a baby or they want us to meet with a birth mother.  Throughout the day I check my phone to make sure I haven't missed a phone call or a text message.  There is a green light that flashes on my phone when I have either an email, text, missed call, or voice mail. Whenever I do see the green light, for just a second, my heart races.  I am almost hesitant to check it because I want it to be about the adoption so badly.  In the back of mind, I know it is nothing major but for just a second I get so excited!  I can't wait for the day when I pick up my cell phone and there is good news.  I know its going to happen one day I just really hope it is one day soon! 

5 comments:

  1. Praying that THE call comes very soon for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm right there with ya! The waiting is the hardest but it's so exciting to know that today could be the day. And every day gets us one day closer to our baby!! Praying we both get to meet our baby soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember that feeling all too well (that along with checking my email 500 times a day)! I'm praying that you get THAT call soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there! My husband and I adopted through CAS as well and I know we have been at one training together. I read this and remember the feeling... just wanted you to know I am praying for you guys:) These moments you are in seem to go SO slow and then once the call comes it seems like everything is in fast forward... Malachi, our son, will be 11 months old on the 7th- it's just crazy! Hope you have a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete